Sunday, October 3, 2010

The morning sky looked promising....

but the sky never turned red. I think maybe the clouds were too low on the horizon.



There was a weekend fishing contest going on at the marina. I didn't see my friendly fisherman/photographer friend James in the crowd. James recently got married in Hawaii, so maybe his fishing days are over with? :-)




Not exactly Swan Lake, but pretty just the same. I was still waiting on the red sky to develop, but it just wasn't happening. Fog was hanging low on the water and the scenery was still beautiful.



I believe this place to be one of the most beautiful in the area, but houses built close to the waterfront can create a problem if one's not careful about shooting around them.



Here's a couple of fishing boats in the fog on the other side of the point. I overheard one fisherman across the water saying the fish weren't biting, and he'd been out there every bit of 15 minutes. Maybe he should try photography?



Still no overwhelming sky. There's a boat crew shelter behind me where high school kids, and other "mature" children, participate in rowing for sport and exercise. I could hear a bull horn from across the tree line so there must have been boat races today. I'm sure the fishermen enjoyed that.



A smaller boat returning from an outing. Weekends are always busy here and I never saw them leave the dock.



This guy was waiting for a ride. Once when I was out "birding" a fisherman asked me if I had a big enough lens. I thought about asking this guy if he had enough rods, but he's much larger and younger than I, and I can't run that fast any more. I let him get in his buddies boat without saying a word to him.

All in all a pretty good morning even though the sky never did develop the way I wished it would. NIK brillance/warmth and glamour glow plug-in filters rock!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kelvin, these are so nice. What a great find you have down there. You have clouds and mist. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great images Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice work Kelvin and yes the sky looked very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Awesome! Kevin, any chance I can get one of your photos in high def? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelvin, any chance I can get one of your photos in high def? I really need it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete