Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bombay Hook/Prime Hook

Went Sunday to Bombay Hook with friends Greg Daily and Don Rosenberger to photograph migrating birds. There wasn't much to shoot at Bombay, although a couple of birders were excited about seeing a barnacle goose there. Don asked around and got driving instructions to where a couple thousand snow geese had landed in some ponds next to the road at Prime Hook.


That sort of reminded me of a scene from Gadsby.  On the other side of the house was a beach with another nice view.


Sunset reflecting off a pond on the other side of the road.


Don packing it in.


Greg sighting down the barrel of a 500mm cannon. I wonder if the Japanese are aware they misspelled Canon on all their equipment?

I didn't do well in the form of bird photography, but had a good time and I didn't have to drive.

2 comments:

  1. Great Kelvin! Looks like you had fun. Love the sunset images on the pond and of Don. Where's your picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pics.....Fun work, you were in my Delaware Territory! Prime Hook is one of my Favorite Haunts!

    ReplyDelete