Saturday, December 18, 2010

I need to find something else to do

It's only mid-December, and I'm going to have to find something else to do. But until then, these backyard birds don't cease to amaze me. My neighbors need to put their feeders out, and soon.

They watch me watch them.

This must be the female downy woodpecker. There's also one with a red spot that must be the male.

Downy woodpecker in motion. Yep, I'm getting bored.

Some of these Eastern Bluebirds have a more vibrant blue color than others.

These don't normally perch in the tree for me.

These guys are pretty entertaining.

House finch that could probably use a little "catch light" in it's eye.

I believe this is a goldfinch in it's winter colors. Or it could be a female.

I believe this is a house wren. Identification would be a lot easier if they looked exactly like their descriptions and sketches as depicted in the "Quick Guide."


There are probably more birds processed, but I've had enough. I'm headed for the bar where I'll contemplate my next project.

1 comment:

  1. I love your bird photos. Love the bluebird. They show such attitude. Great idea, head for the bar.

    ReplyDelete